Are you looking for an exciting challenge? We’re a friendly, hard-working company that’s adding value to schools, universities and commercial laboratories across the UK. Here at APMG we have opportunities for rewarding careers in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality laboratory and school furniture, fume cupboards, fans, ductwork and fume scrubbers.
With variety at the core of what we do our teams deliver creative solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. Our furniture is crafted here in our own factory in Greater Manchester by our skilled manufacturing team, and our installation teams travel the country ensuring our fantastic products are fitted to our and our clients’ demanding standards.
APMG’s rewarding careers offer excellent benefits and a great working environment for the right candidate – a competitive salary, company pension scheme and private health care scheme are all waiting for you when you join our dynamic team. And did we mention an early finish every Friday afternoon too?
We post career opportunities on this page, but always welcome speculative applications. If you put customer satisfaction at the heart of everything you do, then please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Recruitment agencies please respect that as we have an established in-house recruitment team, we are not looking to engage additional recruitment services. We will only consider speculative approaches from individuals. We won’t accept your calls.
We’re hiring! Take a look at our vacancies:
Team Leader – furniture manufacturing (panel production)
This full-time, permanent role will be based in our factory in Little Hulton, Greater Manchester. You will report to the Works Manager and will be supervising and working alongside an experienced team of 5.
Primary objectives: Ensure products are manufactured on-time, to a high quality and that resources are used efficiently.
Day to day duties:
- Approximately 50% of time working and 50% managing
- Prioritise order of work to meet delivery deadlines and availability of resources
- Issue works instructions to team members
- Liaise with project engineers and designers to resolve design related issues
- Monitor material availability and maintain optimum levels for production schedule
- Schedule machinery repairs and maintenance
- Undertake quality control checks during manufacture
- Lead on and monitor H&S performance of the team
- Lead continuous improvement of team and processes
- Instruct labourer to bring materials as required
Seasonal business with peak production in summer months
- Experience of working in a panel production environment
- A good understanding of the machinery and processes involved
- Experience of managing others
- Experience of machine set-up and maintenance
- Basic computer skills for data entry
- Awareness of factory Health & Safety requirements
Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organisational, planning and time-management skills
- Confident and assertive
Benefits & Hours of Work
- Monday to Thursday 07.45 – 16.30 with a 12.45 finish on a Friday
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday plus 8 statutory holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance
What else can we offer you…
- Full training
- Bonus scheme
- Social events
- Parking on-site
- No late nights
For more information, to discuss the position and salary or to send us your CV just email us.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all.
Upon submission of your completed application or CV to APMG for any of the careers on this page, either through direct application or speculative, you hereby agree to the processing of your personal information as per the guidelines set out within our Privacy Notice and for the secure processing of your information throughout APMG’s recruitment and hiring practices.