Are you looking for an exciting challenge? We’re a friendly, hard-working company that’s adding value to schools, universities and commercial laboratories across the UK. Here at APMG we have opportunities for rewarding careers in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality laboratory and school furniture, fume cupboards, fans, ductwork and fume scrubbers.
With variety at the core of what we do our teams deliver creative solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. Our furniture is crafted here in our own factory in Greater Manchester by our skilled manufacturing team, and our installation teams travel the country ensuring our fantastic products are fitted to our and our clients’ demanding standards.
APMG’s rewarding careers offer excellent benefits and a great working environment for the right candidate – a competitive salary, company pension scheme and private health care scheme are all waiting for you when you join our dynamic team. And did we mention an early finish every Friday afternoon too?
We post career opportunities on this page, but always welcome speculative applications. If you put customer satisfaction at the heart of everything you do, then please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment agencies please respect that as we have an established in-house recruitment team, we are not looking to engage additional recruitment services. We will only consider speculative approaches from individuals. We won’t accept your calls.
We’re hiring! Take a look at our vacancies:
APMG – Lab Furniture Sales/Estimator
This full-time, permanent role will be office-based in Little Hulton, Greater Manchester, with some travelling to customer sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sales/Estimator to join a leading UK manufacturer of laboratory furniture for schools, universities and commercial laboratories. We provide full and on-going training.
You will be dealing with enquiries from existing clients and also from new business leads. You will serve as an initial point of contact for customers, preparing layout drawings and written quotations.
- Visit customers throughout the UK approx 1 – 2 days per week. Discuss requirements and accurately measure rooms
- Prepare laboratory layout drawings using AutoCAD
- Generate clear and accurate quotations for clients using company excel pricing template and occasionally from first principles
- Analyse drawings, specifications, tender bills of quantities and other documentation to prepare estimates
- Handle incoming enquiries from laboratory users, builders and architects by telephone and email
- Produce follow-up quotations to convert to orders or determine reasons for non-conversion
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing and new customers
- IT skills including Word and Excel
- AutoCAD proficient, knowledge of Revit would be an advantage
- Customer focused approach with a high attention to detail
- Full UK driving license
- Knowledge or experience of estimating within a relevant construction / manufacturing / laboratory furniture business environment advantageous
Must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits & Hours of Work
- Monday to Thursday 8.45 – 17.00 with a 16.00 finish on a Friday
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid holiday plus statutory holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
What else can we offer you…
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Annual bonus scheme
- Social events
- Parking on-site
- No late nights
For more information, to discuss the position and salary or to send us your CV just email us.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all. We also have a strong environmental ethos and preference will be given to candidates who share our values.
Upon submission of your completed application or CV to APMG for any of the careers on this page, either through direct application or speculative, you hereby agree to the processing of your personal information as per the guidelines set out within our Privacy Notice and for the secure processing of your information throughout APMG’s recruitment and hiring practices.