Are you looking for an exciting challenge? We’re a friendly, hard-working company that’s adding value to schools, universities and commercial laboratories across the UK. Here at APMG we have opportunities for rewarding careers in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality laboratory and school furniture, fume cupboards, fans, ductwork and fume scrubbers.
With variety at the core of what we do our teams deliver creative solutions that exceed our customers’ expectations. Our furniture is crafted here in our own factory in Greater Manchester by our skilled manufacturing team, and our installation teams travel the country ensuring our fantastic products are fitted to our and our clients’ demanding standards.
APMG’s rewarding careers offer excellent benefits and a great working environment for the right candidate – a competitive salary, company pension scheme and private health care scheme are all waiting for you when you join our dynamic team. And did we mention an early finish every Friday afternoon too?
We post career opportunities on this page, but always welcome speculative applications. If you put customer satisfaction at the heart of everything you do, then please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Recruitment agencies please respect that as we have an established in-house recruitment team, we are not looking to engage additional recruitment services. We will only consider speculative approaches from individuals. We won’t accept your calls.
We’re hiring! Take a look at our vacancies:
Trainee Technical Sales Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Trainee Technical Sales Engineer to join our sales team and help us achieve our goals. Located in Farnworth, you will serve as an initial point of contact for customers, responding to commercial and technical enquiries. You will prepare written quotations from verbal enquiries, specifications and technical drawings.
A technical mindset and a willingness to learn are key to becoming a member of our team. Qualifications and experience are desirable but not essential as we will provide full training.
Our ideal candidate will contribute to the high-quality customer service that we offer.
- Respond to customer enquiries, providing advice and recommending the best product/solution
- Evaluate customer requirements from specifications and technical drawings
- Prepare and issue quotations
- Develop a thorough understanding of fume cupboard applications
- Follow-up quotations to convert to orders or determine reasons for non-conversion
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with existing and new customers
- Maintain and update sales and customer records
- Communicate important feedback from customers internally
- A recent graduate with an Engineering or Scientific related degree, or an equivalent amount of technical work experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Well versed in IT skills, including MS Word, Excel & Access
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines
- Must be detail oriented
A competitive salary is on offer, with 25 days paid holiday plus statutory holidays, a company pension scheme and private medical insurance.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all. We also have a strong environmental ethos and preference will be given to candidates who share our values.
Upon submission of your completed application or CV to APMG for any of the careers on this page, either through direct application or speculative, you hereby agree to the processing of your personal information as per the guidelines set out within our Privacy Notice and for the secure processing of your information throughout APMG’s recruitment and hiring practices.